Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lipsticks I Love!

To me, lipstick is an essential when it comes to make-up. Lipstick can either really pull a look together or it could break it. I'm going to share with y'all some lipsticks I am just in love with! Some of them are discontinued ones, but I just happen to love a lot of discontinued lipsticks. I hope this helps some of you find a new lipstick that you might love too. If you have questions just comment below, thanks loves :)

1. Victoria's Secret Perfect Lipstick- Kiss Me (Discontinued)
First off, I love love love the packaging, not cheaply made at all! This has to be the most creamy lipstick I have tried, which means you gotta be careful tho because it breaks easy, makes your lips very soft and healthy looking and feeling. This lipstick is just a really pretty hot pink color with tiny pink reflects all through it. I like to wear this with a really simple eye, just eyeliner on the top lash line and a little bit of mascara.

2. Wet N Wild Silk Finish Lipstick- Dark Pink Frost
I already did a post on this lipstick, yes I am that in love with it! I wear this almost everyday, its just the perfect pink lipstick and looks great with just about any look. It's so moisturizing, your lips become so soft after wearing this for about 10 minutes. For me, the color lasts for about 2-3 hours. So what I really love about this lipstick is it starts off a sorta darkish pink, then fades into a beautiful pinky nude color.


3. E.L.F Lipstick- Classy
This is just the most beautiful color and it flatters my lips so well, its like a mauve/rose color in darker lighting but when your outside in the daylight or in certain lighting it looks like a very light barbie pink. It may not be as moisturizing as some of my other favorite lipsticks but it doesn't not in any way dry them out or sink into the lines you may have on your lips, just make you put on lip balm first like with every lipstick. These are matte lipsticks, they are long lasting in book.

4. Revlon Super Lustrous, Pearl Finish- Blushed
I love this lipstick so much because just about every time I apply it the color looks somewhat different from the last time. When i swatch it on my hand its a dark pink color, when i put it on  my bare lips it looks very dark pink too, close to my normal lip color. When I use this over my e.l.f lip primer, omg, it turns out this gorgeous light peachy pink. I don't like the way it looks on my bare lips but with a lip primer wow, so for girls with pigmented lips like mine you will probably not like it, but if you have lighter lip you will fall in love with this color. It has a frosty look to it, doesn't dry my lips out.

5, L'Oreal Infallible LipColor- Azalea
 I know this is more of a lip-stain than a lipstick but I felt I needed to add it anyway. This is the best long lasting lipstick type product I have come across. Unlike a regular lip-stain these are very true to color, normal lip-stains come out usually darker than you think they will. These will not come off much when eating and I have tried removing this off my lips with water, no does not move! Another great thing is the smell of the conditioner it comes with, I don't know how to describe it i just love it,it doesn't just smell good it does what it needs to. Since this is a long lasting lip product it does dry the lips so you do need to apply the conditioner through out the day. Now this color, Azalea, is my favorite one so far. Its a very pretty blue toned pink color and shows up wonderful on my darkly pigmented lips, which is rare when it comes to lighter colors. LOVE IT and recommend it to those of you who like the blue toned pink look on your lips.



6. Rimmel Lasting Finish- Pink Champagne
If you like pink lipsticks, like I do, then you need this color. It's just a really pretty barbie pink color, you can build it up to be a brighter kinda hot pink color too tho. Feels moisturizing on my lips but not a greasy feeling like some other lipsticks can. This is one of my favorite lipsticks for the summer, love wearing it to the beach when I don't have much makeup on. It's pretty long lasting from what I can tell, I don't know if it lasts through eating because I always take my lip products off before eating. I actually kinda like the smell of this, it doesn't smell all chemically which is great. Yup, just a wonderful lipstick, so go out and try it ladies.

7. Revlon Shiny Sheers- Honey Drizzle (Discontinued)
This is the most unique lipstick I own or have tried really. Revlon really needs to bring this back because I think the formula of this lipstick is amazing! This lipstick glides right on and feels like silk on your lips, and it looks like you wearing lipstick & gloss. This color is such a gorgeous natural color and is perfect for summer time. The name completely describes the color, its a honey color, or a light tan nude color with bronze reflects in it. If you can find this lipstick seriously buy it, its my favorite lipstick ever.

8. Maybelline ColorSensational- Born With It
At first I didn't like this, because as you all know I have pigmented lips and light colors don't show up good on me, but with a primer it comes out the color it should. This is a neutral colored pale pink, it has this awful glitter in it that just does not come off unless you scrub your lips tho. This is one of them colors that would look beautiful with any skin tone. This lipstick is nice and creamy and feels like a lustre from MAC. The staying power on this is great and holds up pretty well through eating, from the one time I ate with it on.Has a really nice, kinda fruity scent to it ad packaging is cute. Only bad thing is the glitter part I mentioned but I can live with it.

9.  Avon Pro-To-Go Lipstick- Lilac Glam (Limited Edition)
 The packaging says limited edition on this but I have heard it may be discontinued I'm not sure. But I love this one so much I had to put it on here, its worth tracking down and buying. First of the case is amazing, especially for traveling and multi-taskers, its in a silver tube that has a flip top and when you slide the slider on the side of the tube the lipstick pops out of the top. It casing doesn't feel cheap and I have had no problems with it. Now the color is just as cool, its called lilac glam, but i would say its more of a mauve based color and when light hits it you can see hints of lilac. But I have noticed when it fades after wearing it for a bit it turns more lilac. Love the texture, feels just like a gloss or balm on your lips. overall an amazing lipstick and wish Avon would bring it back soon.

1 comment: