Sunday, May 8, 2011

Review Of ELF Products I Own

This will be a very honest review of all the ELF products that I own. I have had all these products for at least 2 weeks, some for over a month. So I have had time to really get to know the products.

1. ELF Eyelid Primer ($1 one)

Of course the thing I love most about this primer is that is only $1. I personally have fell in love with this primer, I find that it works better than my MaryKay one, which costs a good amount more. This primer looks kinda like a peach, skin-tone color but once you blend it out on your eye is totally translucent. My eyelids get pretty oily throughout the day but this primer really holds up, about 8 hours after I apply my make-up it still looks amazing. I heard the mineral one is better, so I'm very excited to get that one because this one is great. I even bought my mom one for Mother's Day ;)

2. ELF Lip Primer & Plumper
This product gets an average rating from me. I don't like the plump side, it stings my lips very badly and I don't see any plumping happening. I only use the plump side if I don't have a lip balm on my and my lips are feeling a little dry. Now the primer side I do like, I have very dark pinkish colored lips so nude colors on my don't tend to work or look nude at all, but i put this on under my lipstick and I get the perfect nude lip. This can also be used as a concealer on the face if you happen to not have yours on you. But I could just simply use a concealer on my lips to get the same effect on my lips as the primer side gives me.

3. ELF Zit Zapper
I would give this 4 out of 5 stars. It would be 5 stars but I HATE the smell of this product, it smells like pine needles mixed with alcohol. But besides the smell, the products works good for me. As soon as I notice a new zit forming I roll this right over it, within about 15-30 minutes, the swelling and redness does go down and makes the zit cover-able with make-up. My zits do seem to go away a little faster when I use this, but of course it won't go away overnight. I do find that this does dry out the skin, so do not roll this all over your face, its meant to be a spot treatment.

4. ELF Regular & Waterproof Mascara Duo
I am so shocked that this is only $1! I have tried just about every drugstore mascara out there, and I like this better then most of them and will continue to buy this over them considering its cheaper and works just as good. Now I only use the waterproof side if I go swimming, if its raining or if i know I might be crying that day ha. I find that waterproof mascara is a hassle to remove so I use regular mascara just about everyday. Both sides of these have the same brush and work the same. This mascara does a great job at separating the lashes, it doesn't clump on me, it holds curl and I only need 1-2 coats. Overall a great product.

5. ELF Waterproof Eyeliner Pen
This is my favorite liquid eyeliner so far. I only bought this in black because I wanted to make sure it was good before I got more colors. I know a lot of people say that they didn't like it because they got a dried out one, but mine wasn't dried out at all. This eyeliner is so great, i have a very shaky hand so using liquid eyeliner is so hard for me, but this very thin tip makes it very easy for me to apply. The black is the perfect black, its not like a dark grey like some others I have tried are, this is veryy black. i wouldn't call it waterproof tho, more like water resistant. But I think everyone should at least try this eyeliner, its only $1 and you might end up saving money by replacing an expensive one like I did.

6. ELF Eye Widener & Shimmer Eyeliner
 
The eye widener is pretty much just your basic, matte white, eyeliner pencil. I use this everyday for highlighting the inner corner of my eyes or some times put a dark shadow on then line my top lash line with this. Overall its a good product, love the price.
The Shimmer eyeliners I am in love with. The colors are great, I love doing a very basic light color eyeshadow, then lining my lash line with these to add a little pop of color, it looks so amazing. These eyeliners are so creamy and go on very easily. I love that they come with a sharpener on the cap, just pop on the cap and twist it and its sharpened, how cool is that? I have 2 of these at the moment, but I plan on getting 2 of each color.

7. ELF All Over Color Stick

I have this in Lilac Petal & hope to own all them soon. It comes in a small tube but a little goes a long way and its only $1. This is one of my favorite ELF products. I use this as a cheek color, lipstick & eye primer. This works great on me for a lipstick, the lilac petal one looks like a pinkish nude on my lips and it doesn't look dry on my lips. This works great as a shimmery cream blush. But I love to use this mostly as an eye primer, I sometimes like this more then the ELF eyelid primer, which is saying a lot because I like the eyelid primer a lot! it smells good too which is always a plus.

8. ELF Lipstick ($1 one)

I only bought one so i could see if I liked it or not, and I bought the color Classy. Classy is kinda of like a light rose color, and I think it looks beautiful on the lips. As with any lipstick you need to use lip balm before applying or you will see all the dry skin on your lips, this does seem to sink into the cracks of my lips more than most drugstore lipsticks. Not my favorite lipstick but for the price its ok.

9. ELF Tinted Moisturizer & Mineral Foundation

The $1 tinted moisturizer and $5 mineral foundation are pretty similar. They both have SPF 15 & both are very light coverage. The only real difference is that one is a liquid and one is a powder. The liquid one is better for people with dryer skin & the powder is better for oily skin. I like them both for days that i don't need much coverage. I like the powder one for the summer time & the liquid for in the winter. Overall good products for the price, worth a try.

10. ELF Shimmering Facial Whip

I was very disappointed with this item, I was hoping it would be a good highlighter for my face. First off I hate the tiny tube it comes in, it feels greasy on your face, it doesn't look natural and takes work to blend in.Sorry ELF but there is nothing I like about this product, a total fail in my book.

11. ELF High Definition Powder

The HD powder is one of my favorite ELF products. The puff that this comes with is sooo smooth and silky feeling, even tho i don't use it. When I put the powder on I don't see any difference, but then I take pictures of myself and wow, it makes me look radiant almost. You can not feel this powder on your face at all. This powder is completely translucent so women of all color can use this, should be in everyone's bag just incase someone decides to snap pictures of you.

12. ELF Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder

I use these bronzers everyday, I love them soo much and they save me a lot of money! The luminance one is great as a face highlighter, i use it everyday. I use the sun kissed one everyday for an all over face and neck bronzer. The warm tan one i use as a contour on my face and on my chest to make my cleavage look better and fuller. These are very silky to the touch, and yes they can get powdery, but you just have to be careful when picking up the product with the brush just touch it very lightly to the product. These blend out just fine for me, I find nothing wrong with them and will repurchase foreverrr.

13. ELF Natural Radiance Blusher

First off let me just say I HATE the packaging, wayy to small to even fit a brush in, and i had to break one open because it was stuck. These are very powdery and messy. The one in innocence does not even show up on my, its sooo light, it may show up on someone with darker skin but I'm very pale, I could only use this to tone down a cheek color if I used too much. The shy color is the only one that looks good on me, its a pretty pink color and its not to vibrant and in your face. Coy is like a dark mauve color, it looked horrid on me! I find that applying these with my fingers is the best way since the packaging is so small and its easier to blend that way. Overall i wouldn't buy these again.

14. ELF Brightening Eye Color Quads

Let me start off with the bad things about these quads. the triangle shape of the eyeshadows and the size of them makes it hard for me to pick up the product with my brushes. Plus these can get powdery and messy if you are not careful. Now I love that these are cute and compact so you can take them with you. The colors are great and very pigmented and true to color. These are a steal for $1!

No comments:

Post a Comment